Thursday, April 13, 2006

Elisabeth Hesselback

I don't know how many of you watch The View, but it's part of my morning talk show routine. Yesterday, Babs (Barbara Walters) read a statement written by Elisabeth and her husband. She stated that over the past few weeks, her family had been stalked by someone who wished to do them harm. Elisabeth looked very sad and scared as Walters read the statement.

Now, Elisabeth is my favorite tv personality. Maybe because we are about the same age and have children about the same age. Or because we share the same conservative points of view. Whatever it is, I think she's great. I had to find out more about what was going on. After some research on the web, I found that Showbiz Tonight was doing a story about this issue on their show last night.

After learning what was really going on, I was scared and pretty mad. It turns out that someone, who didn't leave their name, called a New York newspaper, stating that Hesselback and her husband were hurting their daughter, Grace, in some way. After this person called the newspaper, they called Child Protective Services. They launched an investigation. After checking the baby, they found she was fine.

How scary is this? I can't believe that with one phone call your whole life could change. If someone called CPS on Mike and me, I don't know what we would do. My kid falls down, A LOT! He climbs on everything! He gets hurt. Nothing serious, like he needs to go to the hospital, but it's not uncommon for him to have a scrape or bruise. He's a boy.

Would they believe us, that he fell on his own? Or would they take him away and charge us for abuse. It's a scary, scary thing to think about.

I love this kid and I would NEVER, NEVER do anything that would hurt him. I look at him and see a mini-Mike. I can't wait for him to grow. I look forward to his life. School, t-ball, basketball, prom and anything else he's into. If someone took that away from me, I'm not sure I could go on.

I hope that Elisabeth and Tim figure out who is making these charges and they are punished! I'm praying for them.

No comments: